Listed below are just some of the applications for which CBIL has provided solutions:
Civil engineering and mining machinery control
- Attitude and position for pile drivers and shot hole drilling rigs.
- Trajectory surveying for faster production of mapping and spatially referenced features.
Vehicle performance measurement
- Vehicle tracking.
- Vehicle dynamics.
- Vehicle attitude.
- Brake performance monitoring and slip angle determination.
Military and emergency services
- Tracking manipulator arms.
- Attitude determination for fire control.
Civil and Military Navigation
- High accuracy heading reference for ships and aircraft.
- Replenishment at sea – relative navigation.
- Ship handling in confined water.
- Docking and manoeuvring of large vessels.
- Roll and pitch monitoring on cargo and passenger ships.
- Measurement of hull twist, hogging and sagging on large tankers.
- Automatic landing of aircraft on ships.
- Trajectory tracking in three dimensions.
- External navigation aid calibration.
- Flight Management System verification.
- Aircraft attitude determination.
- Control of Unmanned Air Vehicles, both autonomous and remotely piloted.
- In-flight refuelling.
- Automatic landing of helicopters on ships.
- Flight guidance for carrier based aircraft.
- Formation flying.
- Flight testing (position and velocity).
- Space craft attitude.
- Space craft docking.